Collected from the foothills of Mount Aso volcano, Stratum substrates include a powerful mix of nutrients and minerals to nurture healthy plant growth and water conditions.
Supports neutral to slightly acidic pH favored by plants, tropical fish and shrimp
Lightweight, non-compacting granules facilitate strong root development.
Maintains Ideal Water Parameters for Planted Aquariums
Supporting a neutral to slightly acidic pH, Stratum substrates are ideal for live plants as well as tropical fish and shrimp commonly kept in planted aquariums.
Stratum granules provide a natural way to soften water and reduce carbonate hardness (regular KH testing is recommended), all without staining or discoloring aquarium water.
Fosters Extensive Root Development
• 3-5 mm granule size optimized for plants with larger root systems
• Lightweight, non-compacting format reduces weight load on aquarium glass bottom
• For use as a main substrate or bottom layer in planted aquariums with deep roots networks
- Encourages strong plant growth – roots easily penetrate and spread throughout substrate to obtain key nutrients
- Porous structure allows for rapid colonization of beneficial nitrifying bacteria
- Helps support neutral to slightly acidic pH – ideal for most plants, tropical fish and shrimp normally kept in planted aquariums
- Provides newborn shrimp with a refuge from predators until they are large enough to emerge
- Will not discolor water and helps control organic discoloration when natural driftwood is present
- For use in freshwater aquariums