The substrate is an important part of the aquarium interior because a lot of animals dig in the ground to search for food. The plants also need a safe hold and have to absorb the food in the ground through their roots. Digging fish definitely need a substrate which is not sharp-edged. Undergravel heating can only be recommended for medium-fine to coarse substrates because water circulation cannot really build up in very fine substrates.
Rinse the substrate with tap water to remove any abrasion caused in transit. Put substrate on the nutrient substrate (JBL AquaBasis) to promote the plant growth (for vigorous plant roots approx. 6-8 cm).
- Very fine sandy soil for all aquarium types: substrate for fresh and saltwater aquariums as well as aqua-terrariums and terrariums
- Ideal for both freshwater and saltwater: its fine granulation and density prevents sludge and other waste materials from seeping in
- Prevents injuries of the mucous membrane: fine, round-shaped natural sand is gentle on sensitive barbels. Ideal for grubbing fish, such as armoured catfish and loaches
- Ideal for fish, invertebrates and plants: no unwanted pollutants released into the water.
- Package contents: 1 bag Sansibar Snow. Grain size: 0.1-0.6 mm. Not suitable for undergravel heating cables